BRAVO (Bauxite Residue and Aluminium Valorisation Operations)
The Eurpean BRAVO (Bauxite Residue and Aluminium Valorisation Operations) network intends to optimize aluminium production along the entire value chain. Fraunhofer IWKS collaborates in research projects with BRAVO's European partners.
The network comprises the 30 most relevant stakeholdes of the Aluminium value chain. Fraunhofer IWKS' division „Urban Mining“ coordinates the project groups expertise and infrastructure for the nework. The partners agreed upon:
- the development of technologies for the recovery of secondary raw materials within Aluminium production;
- the implementation of new validation prsopects of secondary materials through collaboration and intergration of downstream indusrties;
- the processing of secondary materials in a pilot scale in order to prove economic and technological reliability;
- the activation of a critical fraction of industry stakeholders in order to ensure the impact of scientific results for both Aluminium production and recycling;
- the promotion of technologies promising social, environmental and economical benefits;
- to regard waste as a chance for recovery of critical and precious resources via suitable techniques.