REZ Bayern - Bavaria's resource efficiency center
Under the joint motto "Consolidate the existing - generate pulses for resource efficiency" the Bavarian Center for Resource Efficiency (REZ) works closely with the Bavarian chambers of commerce and industry (IHK) as well as its regional partners REZregio in the Untermain and Augsburg areas. Fraunhofer project group IWKS was installed as standing regional partner REZregio Untermain providing immediate contact for local companies and institutions.
- a collection of information and expert knowledge on resource efficiency relevant for companies and industries
- fast and simple connections between partners from industry, academia, media and politics
- a platform for jointly initiated research and public projects
- a platform for knowledge transfer between academic science and businesses
- the first central and neutral contact platform in Bavaria for resource efficiency questions.
Resource efficiency - benefits and drive for Bavarias environmental politics
REZ was iniiated and funded by the Bavarian State Ministry for the Environment and Consumer Protection. It is operated by the Bavarian State Office for the Environment (LfU) Augsburg and the chambers of commerce and industry (IHK). The network offers a platform for all Bavarian businesses, especially small and medium-sized companies in the processing sector.
Next to the central offices in Augsburg, the regions Augsburg and Untermain have local representatives REZregio which support the tasks and events as local contacts.
- Fraunhofer Research Institution for Materials Recycling and Resource Strategies IWKS acts as REZregio partner Untermain.
- Regio Augsburg Wirtschaft GmbH together with Plattform Ressourceneffizienzact as REZregio partner for Augsburg region.